Plumbing Services in Canoga Park, California

We all love to take long hot showers, especially in the morning before heading to work. When your hot shower heater breaks down, this may be very stressful for you. You may either decide to call an electrician or a Canoga Park plumber 24hourplumbinginlosangeles to help you out with your shower and to guarantee that your entire home system is working properly. However, before calling them there are a number of things you can do.

What to try

The first thing that you need to do is to check the circuit breaker of your switch box to check to see if it has tripped. If this is the case, check to see if you can be able to turn it back on so that your shower heater can start working again.
The next thing that you can do is to check the pressure relief valve for your hot water system. Check to see if you can be able to lift the lever so that you can be able to let some water flow through the overflowing pipe. You may find out that all your pipe needed to be a little bit of topping up.

When to call an electrician

  • There are a number of cases that may require you to call your electrician.
  • You may call your electrician if your circuit breaker has tripped and even when you put it on, it will not stay on.
  • Your water is not cold but warm. This may be an indication that either the booster, thermostat or switch may be having a problem.

When to call a plumber

  • You may call your plumber when the following happens:
  • You hot shower system has served you for more than ten years. It may simply need a replacement.
  • Water is leaking from the base of your hot water tank
  • Water is constantly running out of your pressure relief pipe which may be a sign that there is a problem. The test lever is also not working the way that it is supposed to.
  • The base of your water tank looks old and rusty. This is a sign that the inner tank has also rusted and something has to be done about it.

In case you need your hot shower system to be replaced, the best person to call for this job is your plumber. Many of these plumbers have the experience, skill, training and also the license that is needed when it comes to reconnecting and disconnecting of the wiring that the hit water systems have. However, if you are changing the style or the size of your water heater system, then the best person for you to call would be your electrician. This is because the electrician is going to check if all the wiring is able to deal with any changed load that it may have.